Organisation & Role of the States
The FABEC initiative is driven by civil and military partners of six States:
- High-level officials from the Ministries of Transport and Defence of Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland
- The seven civil air navigation service providers designated in these countries:
- Administration de la Navigation aérienne (ANA), Luxembourg
- Belgocontrol, Belgium
- DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH, Germany
- Direction des services de la Navigation aérienne (DSNA), France
- EUROCONTROL Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC)
- Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland (LVNL), the Netherlands
- skyguide, Switzerland.
- The military air navigation service providers (skyguide (CH); DFS and the German Air Force (D); the Royal Netherlands Air Force (NL); the Belgian Defence (B and LUX) and DIRCAM (FR).
In addition to the six participating countries, the United Kingdom is also linked to FABEC as a collaborative partner. This link testifies to the close interaction of FABEC airspace with UK airspace, in particular with the main airports in the London area.