MaRS: Modernization of Radar and surveillance Sensor systems
Led by DFS (2020 - 2032)
ACC/UAC : Bremen, Karlsruhe, Langen, Munich
TMA : EDDF, EDDM, EDDL, EDDT, Non PCP DFS
Project descriptionThe project lifecycle is from 2015 to 2032, in which the project will
1. Rationalize the surveillance infrastructure by fully decommissioning spectral inefficient and functionally inferior Mode A/C radars.
2. Deploy a full network of Mode S radars as required.
3. Deploy new surveillance sensors and senor mix as developed in the EU's SESAR Joint Undertaking program such as Multilateration and ADS-B complemented by a new network of Mode S radars. In addition, implement Multi-Static-Primary-Surveillance-Radars, as this technology becomes mature in the EU's SESAR Joint Undertaking’s SESAR 2020 Program by the mid 2020’s.
4. Deploy new radar data processing systems in an effort to integrate new surveillance sensors into a modular system.
5. Deploy civil/military use of radars in an effort to reduce cost by utilizing infrastructure synergies.
|Start of operation||01/2020||12/2032||DFS|